Monday was CD1 so I made that awkward call to tell my nurse that I got my period. It's so weird to me that people want to know when I get my period and doing an u/s while bleeding is normal.
Wednesday I went in for CD3 bloodwork to test my FSH and E2 as well as to confirm that I'm not pregnant before starting birth control. I sat down with nurse Jackie and she went over my official calendar, all of my prescriptions and what the next steps were. It's so overwhelming, but I guess I'm going to have to get the hang of it. My calendar has me starting the pill today and going through the end of April. I will start my stims on 5/7 and ER is tentatively 5/18 with ET 5/21. Jackie told me that my RE made a comment that he really likes me because I really know what's going on. She said he never makes comments like that. For me, I figure I'm spending all this time and money on this I should know what I'm getting in to and learn as much as possible. It was nice to get that feedback.
My FSH came back at 8.2 and E2 was 52.3. While they are totally normal numbers (I confirmed this with Jackie today), I was expecting them to be lower. Normal FSH is under 10 and E2 they like to see under 75. So, yes they are normal, but I like to be as far away from 'not normal' as possible.
I started my birth control this morning and they made me nauseous so I will try to take them at night starting tomorrow. I hope I don't have any crazy reactions to any of the medications, both BCP and stims. I started watching Youtube videos of mixing the injections and it seems to be pretty straightfoward, but I'm still having a hard time with the concept of sticking myself with needles. Everyone says that it's not as bad as they thought it would be so here's hoping I say the same!
Next week is a big week. We have a meeting with the social worker on Monday, Tuesday I go for bloodwork in the morning and then orientation at night and then Thursday is the water sonogram. After that we just have to get hubby's SA done and then we're in the clear until stims. I know he's not looking forward to it and I don't blaim him. He knows he will have to provide his stuff the morning of the ER too and hasn't expressed a concern about it, but I'm worried...what if he's not able to perform? I guess I have to have faith and try to relax a bit.
Hubby had a freak out the other night saying that he's not ready to be a father and thought we were taking time off before doing this. Apparently we both have completely different memories of our initial IVF conversation. I had suggested taking time off and he said that we should just go for it. Somehow, he doesn't remember saying this. Well after a long conversation and a whole bunch of tears, he's on board. I know he still questions everything and is scared, but so am I. In the end I know it's what I want and I know it will work, but it's terrifying.
0 comments:
Post a Comment