Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Still Pregnant!

I really wasn't looking forward to getting betas.  There's so much anxiety surrounding them.  I went for my first beta on Monday and waited very impatiently.  My cell quite seldom rings and it rang 3 times in 20 minutes which was making me jump out of my skin.  Finally Nurse Jackie called with my results.  My HCG was 83 and progesterone was 7.4.  At 13 dpo, the HCG was awesome, but progesterone was a little lower than they'd like so I started supps.  Of course I was still freaking out and every twinge, pull or cramp sent me reeling.  Today was beta #2.  When I went in Jackie said they're drawing the CBC panel in case I need methotrexate.  Or as Jackie said "in case it's growing in the wrong spot".  Finally around 12:45 I got a voicemail (stupid phone didn't ring).  My HCG today was 204 and progesterone was 14!  This was exciting.  Very very exciting.  So I'm still pregnant and I really hope to remain so for 9 months.

2 comments: