Saturday, August 11, 2012
Nobody Gets It
I hate when the tears come. When I think about talking to people IRL about what we've been through I tear up. My friends and family want to be here for me, but I have NO interest in talking to them about it. They don't get it, they don't understand. So yes, if I need to talk they'll listen. But all that's going to do is make me cry and crying doesn't help...it makes me feel worse, much worse. And then they look at me like I'm broken and that makes it even worse. They're not better than me because they have children or had complication free pregnancies. Their lives aren't better than mine. They're not more important than me because they have, or will have, offspring. I very much dislike pity. I don't need you to pity me. You can be sensitive to what I've been through, but don't give me your pity...and don't give me that stupid f'n look like I'm the saddest person on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have no words that can comfort except to say that I'm sending you hugs across the distance. Not pitying hugs but strengthening hugs. I have zero doubt that you will be a mom to a rainbow baby. No doubt whatsoever.
ReplyDelete