I realize it's been a little while since I've written. So much has happened and the time has flown by. I started stims on 5/7. My baseline that morning showed no cysts, but they said my lining was a little thick so I thought I would get pushed out a day. I was shocked when I got the call to start. I was on 150 Gonal-F and 1 vial of Menopur. The first night went really smooth and it didn't hurt. The second night I got a little messed up when hubby was observing and apparently the needle wasn't screwed on all the way and I lost a bit of meds. After that I had it down to a science.
My first monitoring was on 5/11 and they said my lining looked good and I had 4 follies around 8mm and 5 less than 8. Sunday, 5/13 was my next appointment. At that time I had 5 that were over 8mm. I was told to start Ganirelix that evening and return on Tuesday. The next appointment had 8 over 8mm and a few smaller ones. I was a bit dissappointed as I was hoping for a lot of follies. I returned the next day and they grew with the largest being 22 and the smallest measured being 10.5, still a total of 8. I was told I probably wouldn't trigger that night, which bummed me out somemore as I was hoping to trigger Wednesday evening for a Friday retrieval. But I had to do what was best for my eggs. Thursday was the final follie check. My lining looked fantastic and I had 12 follies with 4 most likely not mature enough and 8 decent sized ones. Hubby gave me the HCG trigger shot on Thursday night at 10:45pm. He was so nervous and shaking, but I talked him through it and he did great!
Friday morning we arrived at the clinic at 8:15 with specimen in tow. I was fairly nervous. I knew we didn't have a huge amount of follies so I was scared of not having many eggs. I knew that not all would be mature and not all would fertilize. Hubby did his best to calm my nerves, telling me that it was going to be great. I have to say, he's been my rock through this past year.
I was taken into pre-op aroung 8:30, changed into a gown. They wrapped me in a heated blanket which was so nice. Took my vitals where my pulse was 115...I guess I was nervous. I was brought into the operating room at around 9:15 and quickly sedated. Before I knew it I was in recovery. Hubby came in and I was a little groggy, but felt good. They told me they got 8 eggs. I was pleased with this as I was expecting about 7. A little while later, I was released and off to the couch I went. Post procedure I had some cramping and it was uncomfortable to go to the bathroom, but overall I felt good.
This morning we were so anxious to get our fertilization report. It was the longest morning ever. The phone rang a little after 10 am. Nurse Jackie was on the other end and told me that of the 8...6 were mature and 5 fertilized. I was happy with this, but as time is passing I'm getting scared. I'm scared that they will start dropping like flies after today. I was hoping for a 5DT and will know tomorrow for sure which we will be doing. Please keep growing little embies....PLEASE.
This whole process has been crazy and stressful and a long rollercoaster of emotions. I'm just hoping and praying for a happy ending.
0 comments:
Post a Comment